Thursday, January 14, 2010

So far so....good??

I've been on one date this year. This is a good start. Went to the movies, perhaps not the best of first date choices since it involves looking at a screen and not really talking.
However, we did go to the pub first for a pre-show drink and managed to get some of the small talk out of the way there.

I met this guy A when I was working at the wine bar. He is a friend of a friend, always a good start. We ended up going out that night to a party and having quite a big night! I didn't hear from him until December when I was in NZ, to which we agreed to chat again when I got back.

He called and called and I ignored and ignored until he sent me a text asking me out. Bless, and I'd been such a bitch too. Well, I was severely hungover from new years eve and it took me almost a week to recover.

So back to the date, he decided we should get La Premiere tickets and drink wine and eat cheese. Yes yes yes! This is the kind of behaviour I like to see in my dates. Thoughtful and not afraid to impress me.
We laughed a lot in the film, about it and at each other.

At the end of the date he told me he is going to be house sitting for a friend in the Northern beaches - big house with pool etc....and that I should go up for a BBQ sometime. I told him that would be lovely. Small kiss on the cheek and half a hug and I was home in bed.

Got a text message the next night reiterating the previous invite and telling me he was watching inglorious basterds as recommended by yours truly. A few more texts about the film went on and then sleep.

Haven't heard from him since......not sure if this indicative of the kind of start I was after to my 2010 year of love! However, let's not get needy. Things will likely change! Men are so fickle...

No comments:

Post a Comment