Wednesday, January 20, 2010

.....slowly slowly

So I get my call from Mr Lighting man or A after about a week. He's been pretty busy and I've been sunbathing and swimming so life is not all that bad!

He tells me he had moved into the place in the northern beaches he was housesitting for a month but had received a call from the owners saying they would have to come back early. How early though he did not know. His invite for the bbq still stood though but he would have to confirm the details of the early comeback from the owners and call back. This he promised would be the next day.

True to form like most boys, he didn't call the next day. He did however call last night to tell me that they in fact were already back and it had happened to quickly that he had to move out yesterday and is now back to couch surfing. Oh dear! Bang goes the bbq and pool swimming. He has got an application in for a rental in Palm beach though so fingers crossed this works out for him. I do prefer my men to have some kind of established abode before embarking on any kind of journey with them!

That said we have made arrangements to do lunch and a swim tomorrow as he and I both have the day off work. Well, to be honest work for me has been quite sporadic of late and I may as well declare I have taken 6 weeks of work given I have done very little in the past few weeks.

Let's see if he calls. He has a habit of saying he will call tomorrow, which I am detecting is not really what he means. More like in the next few days! It doesn't bother me in the slightest, the fact is he does call eventually as most of them do!

No comments:

Post a Comment