Wednesday, July 1, 2009

walk like an.....old lady....

I've been a bit slack in the dating segment of my life of late. Frankly I've been training so hard for my Gold Coast run and the city to surf that all other social things have taken a step back.

The closest I got to a date was a 2 hour training session at the gym with a trainer whom I have felt for a while might have taken a liking to me. Put it this way the signs were there. Those signs were:
Coming to stretch near me when I am stretching
asking me how I am going with my training
generally hanging about looking awkward and nervous
Asking me simple questions like my name every time I see him (could be he's just forgetful or maybe I am!)

The session occurred because I have had some more time to myself during the day recently so I decided to up my training. I bounced into the gym one day and saw him. Feeling quite confident and bubbly I asked him if he wanted to train with me that day. He couldn't as he had a client coming but we arranged to train the next day to do legs.
The legs session arrives and to start with I turned up 30 minutes early so I ran on the treadmill and then spent the next 90 mins doing the most excrutiating leg weight work I have ever done. Even before I left the gym I knew I wouldn't be able to walk for the rest of the week, it was intense!! As the session ended he asked me if I'd like to catch up for a drink over the weekend. Of course I said yes since my rule about this whole thing is not to refuse a date with anyone reasonable! He's not bad looking but perhaps a bit of a westie! I told him I would call him after my run on Saturday. I just about managed to get home before what felt like rigormortis setting in.

The following two days was spent walking around like an old lady, not attractive, or worse I looked like I'd had a really good time the previous night which of course I hadn't so I couldn't even enjoy that thought!!

Come Saturday my legs had just about recovered enough to do my run but then my back had gone out during the 9km haul with my not quite ready legs and I simply had to let the personal trainer down this time. I wasn't walking correctly and my head was about to explode with my new pain a tension headache. I felt like I had been run over to be honest.

I tried to go out on the Sunday but the head was still affecting me so two drinks later on top of some very strong painkillers, I was home to bed by 8.30pm. Oh yes I am a successful dater! Christ!

Up to the Gold Coast this weekend for the run. A few days up there may give me a new lease of life so I can stop flirting with people I am trying to get business out of and actually flirt with people I can potentially get some loving out of. Need to get my priorities right!

No comments:

Post a Comment