Monday, July 13, 2009

Sqeeky Geek

I've recently had my working hours reduced to 3 days a week. You might think this would allow for a lot more dating time but I've spent most of it trying to get more work and focussing on bettering myself.

This bettering myself involved in me spending some time in the library, which to my delight turned out to be half a day spent next to a particularly hot man. I was so ill prepared for something like this to happen though and I was a bag of nerves as said hot man made it quite obvious he was going to sit next to me for the next 4 hours. I was in the daggiest clothes you could imagine with unwashed hair in a pony tail and very minimal make-up. Clearly I was horrified at the prospect of a cool looking, tall, dark, creative type sitting next to me looking in such a state.

Still he sat next to me and proceeded to ask me about whether where I was sitting was a hot spot. Now, one could take that as a bit of innuendo and unintended I am sure but had I been feeling top of my game I may have made some 'Carry on...' style comment followed by a Sid James filthy laugh. But I didn't and really only managed to squeak out a 'no, it's not I've had to use my own wireless connection here" CRINGE!!! What a total geek!

Anyway he proceeds to sit down and put his headphones on. Meanwhile I bury myself into my books berating myself for a missed opportunity. Whilst pretending to ignore my said friend he then starts to mimic a measurement with his hands. My immediate thought being 'oh here it is the this is how long my cock is gesture'. I look up and have a little chortle to myself, a which point he asks me if I think that the distance he is looking at is about 60cm. Right ok. "Well," I say " your average ruler is about 30cm and that looks about double so yeah, 60cm'. "Cheers he says" end of conversation. Again what a GEEK!!

By this time clearly my friend had had enough and packed up, as he left he told me he was going to lunch, again a confident Lushie may have realised that it's lunchtime and this could be an invitation. Perhaps a good response might be 'oh really where you going? I'm pretty hungry myself" but no. I say 'oh ok! Enjoy".

I almost punched myself in the head. After a few sighs I decided to just got on with some more reading and then go back home for lunch later.

Except my friend comes back, faffs around next to me again for about 20 minutes and then obviously decides to give up and bug on out. He does say goodbye to me which I respond to by giving a wave. WHAT?!?!!

Someone slap me! Oh well. I'll know better for next time. The library has more than internet hot spots it would seem! Clearly didn't have my mojo when I packed up to go to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment