Monday, August 17, 2009

Running into the exes

Just over a week ago I completed the City to Surf race which I have been training for in the past 10 weeks.
At the end of the race I joined my running group and immediately bumped into a guy I have had a huge crush on for ages.

Well, correction...I was seeing him at the end of last year, well...in the loosest sense of the term. Ok he was a fuck buddy. But a bloody good one at that and I was keen for more.
Unfortunately said FB went off on some trip for a month in a charity fundraising thing and from what I hear literally shagged his way around Australia.

Fair play but I was a little smitten and so it was a bit of a blow. I bumped into him a couple of times after that trip but it was all over and he had well and truly moved on at least about 10 more girls since then.

As is the norm when you have an unrequited love crush you play over and over the next time you might bump into said crush no doubt looking fabulous and amazing, hopefully having just won the lotto or sporting a body to die for...no biccies here thanks very much.

Not so, I bump into him red faced and sweaty having just run 14kms and wearing running tights. This is not what I had envisaged. We spoke and made polite conversation whilst I secretly perved and checked out his package imagining again what was beneath those shorts. Oh love crush why don't you crush me back???

The usual thing after the city to surf race is for the entirety of Bondi to go to the local pub, I asked FB if he was going to do the same but shock, horror he was breaking with tradition by going to a mates bbq instead and also breaking my heart at the same time. Well, only a little bit.

So off myself and my little running friend go (who incidentally runs into a recent ex on the way). This day is turning bizarre for exes making a comeback. We get down to the pub and stack up on beers and vodkas and yes both me and my friend bump into yet more exes.

I see the guy I ran away from on the dance floor last week. Highly embarrassing I have to say. Sydney is so small! I say hello and we have a polite chat but I am so mortified I have to just turn away from him as soon as is possible.

Later as I go to leave having consumed 8 beers and in dire need of a pizza I leave the pub to be asked by a man on a motorbike for directions and guess who it was???? LIBRARY BOY!!!!

Good lord this day is weird! He tells me he is going to see a friend and will call me later. Which of course he doesn't but hey I am sure I will see him soon. He keeps popping in and out of my life after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment