Friday, August 7, 2009

Running in more ways than one

Last Saturday my training group did a 14.1km run which involved taking on the infamous 'heartbreak hill', the hill that everyone fears in the Sydney iconic race City to Surf.

I ran with a good friend of mine and we were pumped! We ran the entire thing not stopping once and I felt great afterwards. The fact that our trainers are hot has nothing to do with me wanting to seem fit as a fiddle and a high achiever in the fitness stakes, oh no!! It does bloody help actually and it's good to talk with said trainers after each run so I can do a tiny bit of swooning whilst talking some rubbish about my knee/thigh/buttocks - all relevant and it depends on how flirty I am feeling as to which body part is up for discussion.

Later that day my sidekick and I went out for drinks firstly in Bondi to The Beach Road, it was empty but sidekick find someone she was interested in so that was a good start. We then ventured to the Sheaf in Double Bay. Always loaded with men and boys. It didn't disappoint in the number, the quality was another thing.

Not as successful as we would have liked. The man pawing was at top level that evening and at one point I literally got thrown on to the dance floor by a 26 year old bean pole - he was cute and at least 7 foot. But he towered over me and in a crowded room with an imposing shape over me I felt completely overwhelmed and had to run away. Which I did, as soon as he turned around to do some seductive move he felt necessary (which I found it a but cringe worthy) and made my escape. I picked up my little friend and we left at midnight like a couple of old dears and went home to put our PJ's on.....

....this could be the end! Let's hope not! City to Surf here we come!!! There's always fun to be had at The Beach Road after.

1 comment:

  1. I find there's some kind of formula whereby anytime there are a lot of single guys around you can bet they're of low quality. High quality = not many guys. But it sounds like you had fun at least.

    ReplyDelete