Saturday, August 22, 2009

Raffle winner and then some

So last week I attended my running clubs cocktail party to celebrate our momentous fundraising effort. A grand $22k! I won the first prize in the raffle too which was 2 nights accommodation for 2 in the snow, which would have been awesome had a nice partner to go with but as we all know I don't, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this blog!
Not wanting to be one of those people who hangs on to such items in the hope that Mr Right or even Mr Right now comes along and fancies it, I swapped it with the guy who won second prize which was a new pair of Asics trainers! Yes I needed new ones desperately and this was a much more practical a prize for me.

So, with my winning voucher for new shoes in hand I popped off into the the city to try my luck with the men of sydney. Might as well, I was on a winning streak after all!

Having already consumed quite a lot of free champagne at the fundraising event I arrived at a friends soiree in a reasonably posh wine bar in the city a little on the tiddly side. This however didn't seem to bother me as I polished off some more wine, spoke with various men in the balcony in an effort to entice smokes out of them (filthy habit and only done when on the wrong side of tipsy) and got free cocktails out of the bar man who has had a crush on me for about 5 years! He swapped cocktails for kisses. I see no problem with that whatsoever!

My friend and I then tipple off to another venue where I knew a rather hot man would be. This was the man I have previously referenced in the blog as hot with bad hair. Very bad hair!

He gets my friend and I in the club with no hassles form the people at the door, thankfully, I hate cues and I hate paying to get into anywhere.
He was looking smoking! Having cut his hair and recently come back from a trip to Europe, tanned and fit. I was all over him like a cheap safari suit. Nothing to do with the 10 million drinks I had consumed oh no!
He makes me drink some kind of shot and then it was time to go home apparently. Probably a good thing, my limbs had stopped responding to the commands of my brain. We go back to mine and well have some special cuddle time. I am probably a bit useless though as I am really quite outrageously drunk by now. What the hell was in that shot??! I have to blame someone other than me right??
He's got an amazing body and soft smooth skin...wow!

He leaves to go to work in the morning (so he says, I mean who's to know that is true?). Monster hangover all day prevents me from doing anything at all, I can't even lift my head to drink my coffee. YUCK!

A week later I still haven't heard from him, so I decided I'll send him a text message with a cheeky message, it went like this:
"Hi Stranger, what's with not contacting me, did you just use me?? :(("

I mean f*ck it! Why not!! He responds not long after with "I've been really busy all week, not ignoring you are you out tonight?"

Me: "not a good enough excuse! No I am not out tonight."

I've decided to take no prisoners or accept crap reasons from dickheads. About time I stood up for myself.
Yay to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment