Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To rugger or not

I was supposed to be going to see the local rugby team play with the 'man who likes mad crim birds' last weekend. It was my idea although I did somewhat regret it afterwards. I mean what was I thinking putting myself in a position whereby I had to be attentive and nice to a new dating partner when there are hot young nubile sports men to be ogling and flirting with? Madness I tell you! And why would I expose my secret perve fest place to him anyway? 

So I cancelled saying I was far too exhausted to deal with a crowd of people. This was true, the week had been pretty traumatic. Having tried to arrange for Sunday instead to meet up, I again cancelled in favour of the couch and also trying to apologise to my neighbours. 

Not thinking I agreed to a Friday night date this week. Panic hit just after the phone call. How the f**K am I going to get out of this. Friday night is far too much this early on. There's no escape route! No "I have a meeting in the morning so must be off now" or 'let's do brunch as I have to meet friends later" ooooo noooooo Friday night only means one thing. You are stuck with them ALL night.
Fortunately I have changed this to Thursday night now citing I had mixed up my Friday night plans with a girlfriend to be Thursday. More like I made her do it so I could get out of Friday with the date. 
So, what is wrong with this guy might you ask? Well, nothing really. He's kind, sincere, adorably nice. Problem is he's too nice and well it's just not that attractive. Christ! Will I ever learn? Perhaps it will just take time. I going to persevere just on my terms and why not!?

No comments:

Post a Comment