Saturday, May 2, 2009

Props and powder

Yesterday I popped into my hairdressers for my bi-annual hair cut. Yes I am different to most females in that I actually hate having my hair done and so only venture into the salon when absolutely necessary.
Luckily for me I have amazing hair and can get away with it!!!!

But I digress, during my visit I was chatting away to my hairdresser about my latest venture, ie. this blog and the stuff that goes with it. He was enthralled to say the least and immediately suggested a mate of his who is recently single. Make that divorced approximately 18 months ago and recently out of another live in relationship. I'm suspicious of people who serial relationship types. Makes me think they are too co-dependent.

A lady two seats down from me in the salon was part of this discussion and assured me that this guy was a great guy and I should meet him. Ok, I said, why not! I mean I am in this for a reason and therefore must accept all invitations to meet members of the opposite sex when invited. 
As one of my main criteria for a future partner is TALL I asked how lofty this was. I was told by my knew lady friend that he was of reasonable height at 5ft 11in, which is fine for me as I am a shorty myself but I have a big personality that frankly makes me feel larger than I am most of the time. Basically I need a big man to put me in my place. 

Great, all sorted my hairdresser then styles my hair into some fabulous curly concoction and off I go to prepare myself for an evening of fun.

The meeting place is Bayswater Brasserie in the Cross. Suitable venue, classy unlike most venues in the cross, they serve good wine and the staff are friendly. I arrive looking smoking hot if I do say so myself and since I am arriving alone to a group of established friends I walk in with the mantra in my head that " I am the hottest woman in the room" to boost my confidence and hopefully my overall presence.

I arrive and see my hairdresser straight away which is a relief as I didn't want to be wandering around for too long searching for who? I don't even know what my date looks like! This is truly a blind date! My HD is so excited he can barely contain himself which was ace as he has lots of energy and the most amazing laugh! High pitched and infectious like he just inhaled some helium! After purchasing a drink (thanks HD) I am introduced to single friend. 
I'm not sure what I expected, nothing really best to try and be surprised I reckon, but he was definitely shorter than I imagined or indeed lead to believe. No matter, short or not he was polite and lovely and had impeccable manners which is rare in the sydney male! He was attentive, chatty and sweet but alas other than a good chat and a few drinks there was definitely no potential there for me. I am sure he would make a lovely partner but not for me. 

As the night wore on and my lady friend from the salon came in and out of the conversation, after many trips to the toilet to powder the nose she bowled up to me and asked me how it was going, good I say but he's not for me. To which she replied "what's wrong? I gave you props!" hmm what??? Props?! Did you say props?? What are you talking about lady? "American idol! Do you watch it?" No I say, "you can't be friends with me then!" No great loss I think. Bloody props, christ god help us am I in The Truman Show now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment