Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tapas and legals

So this week has been eventful to say the least. The fall out after last Saturday's proceedings has been full on. I have had to have chats with legalaid, mediators, the police and my landlady about it all and basically explain myself like a naughty child. Subsequently the swallowing of pride has had to take place and an onslaught of apologies put out by myself.

My date this week went well despite my high stress levels. I asked that my date organise everything since I had no available thinking space due to my busy week of trouble. He did a good job and I was suitably impressed. He left me a message with full details and times, it has been noted! We met in the Green park for some pre dinner drinks whereby we chatted and I filled him in on the latest with my neighbours. He was sympathetic and agreed that it does seem to have been blown all out of proportion. Which was good because at the time I just needed someone to support me and not try to help or criticize. We then went for tapas where he had had the incite to book at table and even offered to request an outside table since I have this week taken up smoking again whilst I stress the bejesus out.

Lots of chatting over dinner all good and well. We then return to the green park for more drinks, at which point my date's hands get a little fruity and start fawning over my legs and arms and hands. A little bit too much for a second date I felt. I controlled this by making conversation points that required some hand gesturing on my part so as to release my hands from his grip. However, he would come back to it. It felt a bit too intimate for someone I have only met twice and this is the second time! 

As we walked down the street he went to hold my hand. Again I found this weird and way too forward for a second date. It was indeed a little uncomfortable. I hardly know this guy and I don't think given my week that I am receptive to this kind of approach just yet. 

Needless to say the next day I was unsure if I wanted to go on another date with this person due to the hand holding rubbish from the night before. He did send a text message to apologise for his octopus like behaviour at which I thanked him for recognising it. At least he has the balls to see that and attempt to rectify. He obviously has some great qualities.

We were due to go to the rugby yesterday but I pulled out as am extremely exhausted from the week from hell, he was fine about it and suggested I go for a walk to gain some balance.  I also got a parking ticket this week for a time when I was no where near the suburb let alone on the right side of the bridge! And the ranger lied on the infringement saying he chalked my tires! Not sure how when I or my car wasn't even there!!! GRRRRRRR. Must do some yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment