Wednesday, September 21, 2011

42 is not the answer

ok I have a theory about men aged 42. They are full on psychopaths....
If you don't believe me refer back to a previous post 'Dates with Fatalities part 1' and now I have yet another story to share.

Bit of background:
Phil who makes my coffee for me every morning at Koko in Surry hills asks me one day if I am 'available'




...depends on who's asking. He tells me one of his customers has spied me and thinks I am hot. Very brash. Fair dues the guys giving it a crack so I may as well be game and go for it. After extracting some details about said man. I pass on my digits.

So blind date is an architect, 42, divorced got 2 kids. All good. I'm no spring chicken and I'm already thinking about what an amazing house we could have together......you know the type one where I can have a amazeballs parties for all my friends. We'd drink french champagne and take dips in the pool whilst the butler gets the caviar.




So we talk on the phone and he seems like a nice chappie. Very chatty. may have mentioned the divorce once and how hard it was on the kids, followed by an uncomfortable pause. I brush it off and we arrange to meet up for lunch. Which we did, today.

We went for thai at a local eatery to work, probably should have ventured further afield given the nature of the rendezvous but I didn't think about it early enough.
I arrive he's not bad looking, nicely dressed things are looking up for a wednesday. We order, he pays - it's one of those pay up front jobbies, all good, he's a gent we like that. So far so good. Until....he starts banging on about his divorce AGAIN.
Yeap that's right he tells me ALL about it. How hard it was on the kids, how he had an affair, how he had a break down, how he had to go see a psychologist, how his ex wife dealt with it blah blah blah.....all this over LUNCH!!!




yeah I was shocked! I didn't even have a wine in my hands. So ill prepared was I for this onslaught of Dr Phil over my lunch. WTF!??!!
Clearly this guy is not over wifey or what he did by having the affair. I tried to steer the conversation away from the disaster divorce but to no avail. He REALLY wanted to talk about it. He even told me I was free to ask any questions I like about it!
Er...no thanks I really don't give a shit matey.

He didn't bother to ask me anything about myself he was far too busy banging on about himself. I learnt alot about this man in the 1 hour I spent with him. Enough to know that it's probably not worth meeting up with him again. I ain't your substitute therapist and your baggage can stay well and truly in your own downstairs cupboard away from me thank you very much.

Finally managed to get him to shut up enough for me to say I have to get back to work and made my escape. Not without him asking me if I'd like to meet up again. I said I'll call you......

....I won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment