Friday, February 26, 2010

...Cash Perks...

So my set up the other night with the 'hot man' went ok. I mean he was quite hot and he wasn't repulsive or rude. In fact he was quite the gent, very polite and he bought me drinks all night. He had a bit of a country swagger and a haircut to match. I could definitely see him on a farm with a beer in one hand and a guitar slung over his back. Quite sexy as a thought. However, he wasn't very chatty. He did try though and I have to be grateful for that. It was probably quite intimidating. Like me he would have been told 'all about me' by our friends which does add an element of fear to a situation that most likely, left to it's own devices, would have panned out with a lot of friendly flirting by itself.

The group situation was a good dynamic overall. We all had a good laugh watching Tex Perkins tribute to Johnny Cash. However, I didn't feel like he had much get up and go and so it was difficult to say if there was a spark. I guess not since I didn't feel anything happening in the heart area. No missing of beats or forgetting to breathe went on.

I did get his number and suggested we catch up again before he leaves. He works in the mines over in WA so he is away for 3 weeks and back for one. Works well for my friend so could work well for me, especially since these days I have become far too independent to consider what the ramifications would be on my couch life should I embark on a relationship!

He has since called, which is promising, and suggested we meet up last night. Unfortunately in my effort to become a writer I was at my journalism evening class and had to turn him down. I did suggest today but he has other plans.

All is not lost however, he did say 'next time' and something tells me he is the kind of guy who would do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment