Saturday, September 19, 2009

A new direction

Lately I've had to have a rethink about all things in my life. Not just my approach to my dating life after the disaster of the 'ultimate insult' but also my working life.

I've recently taken on a new part time job not only to up my monetry situation but also my ability to meet more men.
Yes I have taken a position as waitress at the newest hippest spot in town and frankly I think my little plan may work!

Apparently you can suss out the opposite sex without looking like you are by simply paying attention to them as a waitress. The thing is the guys are so polite to you in a way I have never experienced before it's almost refreshing! Let's face it, most of the guys in this city are a bit up themselves and given that there are a huge amount of HOT women vying for their attention they kind of get away with it. Which is annoying as I still believe in chivalry to some extent and so often find myself disappointed by their behaviour.

However, it has been interesting to see the huge difference between the way men and women interact when it comes to meeting on equal gournd - ie. two people meeting in a bar both drinking, both likely to be reasonably high flyers and a little bit uber too cool for each other. The interaction is a little guarded to the point of rudeness and the attitude is the girls play hard to get until the guys move on and then it's all on for the cat fights in the bathrooms for said man the girl had pretended to dismiss. It's far to complicated for me. The boys seems to like the attention of the chicks having a biff over them and well why not! We all like to feel like we are super important to everyone in the world so this kind of slappy slappy between the girls just boosts their already inflated ego's.

So meeting the guys in a different arena whereby they want good service and are paying for it and I am obliged to be polite and give good service for food and entertainment has meant that I can interact with them on a level more comfortable for me. I am enjoying this means of conversing and it allows me to flirt outrageously with them with NO competition from other catty females in the process!

Thus far I have done two shifts and have seen a lot of people I know and some I have previously tried to flirt with in the past only to be overlooked by younger, hotter versions. This time, however, it appears my new waitress status is somewhat more attractive than the tarted up version of me.

A lot of the guys did not even recognise me and when they did they said "wow! Look at you! you look really cute and like a 25 year old! I had no idea that was you". Yes this outfit and new job could definitely work out for me on the dating front. Especially if I get that kind of reaction from my friends! I can only imagine what the other potential males might be thinking. Let's hope for the most part it is relatively nice! Clearly I will come across some unscrupulous arseholes, it's par for the course I would say. Let's pray those ones are few and far between.

I'm hoping to at least get some numbers and offers of dates from some eligible bachelors....I'll keep you posted on my progress.....!!


No comments:

Post a Comment