Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm too sexy for my shirt

Last night I attended a good friends leaving drinks. There I was casually standing at the bar ordering my glass of Sav Blanc when I see a guy on the other side giving me the eye. I look directly at him and he was indeed quite a looker but in all honesty I was there to see friends and was not looking to get into a deep discussion with a potential partner.

Nevertheless he came over to my side and said the following:
"Anzac day two years ago', I look blankly at him, "nathan" look of blankness again, 'Rachel isn't it?' now I'm getting worried as I still have no recollection of who this person is. After an awkward silence and more blank staring from me the penny drops.

This guy is unbelieveable! He and I first caught each other's attention  two years ago on anzac day - that much was true. In fact we had got on quite well and ended up having a sneaky pash. He took my number with promises of calling to take me out. I waited and waited and waited and nothing happened. Being a modern woman I decided to take this situation by the balls and call him. He was apologetic about his slackness and promised to call to arrange a date. Again I waited and waited but nothing happened so I deleted his number from my phone and forgot about him.

Cut to some months later (I forget how many exactly) and I see him again, this time in the North Bondi RSL. Again we catch each others eye and there is definitely still some attraction there. Again he promises to call and take me out. Again nothing bloody happens. This guy is starting to piss me off. I mean what is his game? Or indeed his problem? If he doesn't want to take me out why does he keep frigging asking me out for gods sake. So annoying!  

Anyway so I see him again the night before Anzac day(last night) and he tells me he has been eyeing me up from afar and asking all his mates who I am and that I am the hottest girl he has ever seen. The he realises who I am after seeing me at the bar. He insists on telling me he has a girlfriend now. That's nice for you I say. I asked him why he kept messing me around all those times and he said that he was going through a messy time and I wouldn't have wanted to be with him. I didn't ask for details I really wasn't interested.

I told him I was still single and that I wasn't sure why it seemed so impossible to find someone. He then proceeded to tell me that it was because I am too sexy and that men are intimidated by me! Is this a back handed compliment? Is this supposed to help?! My reply was "I'm dressed in a grey jumper and jeans it's not like I'm asking for it is it??!?!?!' perhaps I missed the point!


No comments:

Post a Comment