Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gym bunnies look out!

GIRLS!! It's come to my attention that we may be looking for men in all the wrong places! I was talking to some (married) guy friends of mine about how men and women approach dating and how we're all getting it a little bit wrong.

Interesting...given they are married and don't have to worry about these things anymore it was certainly worth picking their brains to get their perspective on this.

What I found out was that men hang out in bars and sporting events, we know this they do this for fun but really the domain of the single man (the bar) is not really upping his ability to get more ladies. If you think about it most ladies of worth don't hang out in bars every weekend expecting to stumble across the one. Some girls do but they are usually blind by the end of the night and will go home with anything. Which really defeats the purpose of the game.


So, it turns out that single ladies go to things like cookery classes, pottery classes, dance classes and spin classes.



The last one puzzled me a bit as I would never approach or want to be approached in the gym by a potential romeo. This resulted in some heated discussion about singles in the gym. I personally don't think that single girls want to be approached in the gym. For a start they are likely sweating with no make up on and wearing tight lycra they would probably prefer their potential partner not to see them in just yet. The boys disagreed and thought that the gym is the PERFECT place for single men to meet their new special lady. Really? Why? Well the boys are pumping iron and feeling that they look like a boss doing so. Desirable to a lady because they are STRONG and look at me in my shorts, I'm SPORTY!


Fair enough, I'd never thought about it like that before. Perhaps us ladies should be more open to meeting guys in the gym.

So I went to Fitness first last night in for the first time in ages. I haven't entered a gym for a while as I have chosen to work with a personal trainer for the last year. On reflection it does seem that some ladies may have already cracked this code. I does appear it might be more of a social thing than I had realised. For example, there were two good looking young chicks on the machines next to me, who I can safely say weren't really working out. They were casually moving along but there wasn't any sweat breaking on those brows and frankly they were giving the room a constant sweep for potential manslaves.
I, on the other hand, was working out like a pro doing interval training sets and concentrating on the seconds passing. Sweat pouring off me and likely with a red face. Not attractive.


Ok so I've probably been missing a trick. The gym is FULL of boys and they love showing off! Get down to the gym girls and strutt your best lycra I say. Just don't overdo the slap!

No comments:

Post a Comment